1/2 Photos of Healthy Bow Tie Chicken Supper
This healthy dinner is easy to make and very yummy! I like to add whatever extra veggies I have on hand to change it up. My husband is a picky eater with vegetables but he loves this dish! NOTES: I add a little more olive oil while the veggies are cooking as it adds a nice coat to the pasta. I also add extra pasta to this to make it stretch a little further. We really like adding summer squash as well and I have been omitting the peas lately because hubby dislikes them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, more added as needed
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, julienned into 1 inch strips
- 1 -2 zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning or 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 cup bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Start boiling water for pasta. Cook bowtie pasta until just al dente.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken in oil for about 5 minutes, or until just done.
- 3Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- 4To the same skillet add the red bell pepper and onion and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add another tablespoon of olive oil if needed to moisten.
- 5Add the zucchini (and summer squash if using) and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute until veggies get crisp-tender.
- 6Add the thawed peas, tomatoes and seasonings; stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- 7Add cooked pasta, chicken and parmesan cheese; turn off heat and stir until combined.
- 8Add more olive oil if necessary to coat pasta and sprinkle with more parmesan cheese if you'd like and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Bow Tie Chicken Supper
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.1 mg
- Sodium 274.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: