Pierogi Chicken Supper
Quick Cooking November/December 2004 issue Fast Fixes with Mixes
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen pierogi
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pierogies according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Drain pierogies; add to skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Return chicken mixture to the pan.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and remove from the heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was extremely easy and tasty. I make pierogi from scratch (once a year) and really only like them with kraut or cabbage. I (personally) am not fond of the ones in the freezer section, but the rest of my family doesn't mind them. But the ease and general tastyness are worth the shortcut in using the frozen variety. I added minced garlic to the pan (I add garlic to everything but coffee) and served this dish with sour cream on the side and sprinkled each dish with chopped green onion. Thanks for the recipe!