Chicken Bow Tie Pasta
- Ready In:
- Cook chicken breast in 2 TBSP of oil until lightly browned and no longer pink in center.
- Chop chicken into small pieces and set aside.
- Melt margarine in skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of half and half to skillet.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring constantly for about 20 minutes until sauce starts to thicken slightly, (Sauce will not get real thick).
- Cook pasta as directed on box while sauce is thickening.
- Add onion and cooked crumbled bacon to sauce and cook for 5-6 more minutes.
- Add pasta and chicken to the skillet and mix well.
- Serve after chicken gets warm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have another version of this recipe that I normally use, but this looked quicker so I gave it a try. I'm sorry but we weren't impressed. The sauce was much too runny and overall had very little flavor. I wound up adding extra garlic, onion, paprika and parmesan just to give it a little flavor. I wish that I could say we would make this again, but we probably won't. Again, I'm sorry, I really wanted to like it!