Bow Tie Pasta With Feta, Pine Nuts and Tomatoes
This is easy, light and delicious! I served it with sauteed spinch with al ittle garlic and lemon. Wonderful!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute, but do not let brown.
- Add toasted pine nuts.
- Add spices and stir.
- Add tomatoes and olives and saute for about 3 minutes, until heated through and softened.
- Pour sauce over pasta and top with Feta cheese.
- Cover for a minute so cheese and flavors meld.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Just finished eating this and it was delicious. I went to the supermarket planning to buy dried oregano and picked up everything but, so I used a few small squeezes of an Italian mixed herb paste I had in the fridge and I added some dried chilli flakes. I also added freshly grated parmesan after trying the pasta, and I think it definitely enhanced it. Was going to stir fry some chopped red onion along with the garlic, and probably will next time. Great recipe that was very much enjoyed by all. Will definitely make it again soon. Thanks. :)
made this tonight, mixed it altogether, and after it was cokked I sprinkled it with Parmesan. Excellent meal. My husband (who, unlike Kiwidutch's husband) hates pasta, drizzled it with tomato sauce and barbque sauce and said it was wonderfull ! I only made a half serve of the recipe, and that was enough for two casserole dishes, the other one will be given as a welcome home gift to a friend:) thanks susie