Bow Tie Lemon Chicken
photo by jazzyrosez
- Ready In:
- 4 2⁄3 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry chicken and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth, peas, carrots, cream cheese and lemon juice to the skillet; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta.
- Add pasta, chicken and salt to vegetable mixture; cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 5 more reviews
We loved this, especially for how healthy(ish) it is and how easy to make. I did take your suggestion and use half wine and half chicken broth and it definitely gave the dish some additional depth. I didn't measure the lemon pepper - I just sprinkled on what looked right to me but it was definitely more than 1/2 teaspoon. I replaced the canola oil with olive oil, skipped the salt entirely and doubled the garlic. We will definitely be havintg this again. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Christian. Single Mom. ? Eternal optimist. ? Runner. ? Certified fitness trainer. ? Virtual Coach. ? Etsy Shop Owner <3 Brand Ambassador