Mushroom Chicken With Couscous - OAMC
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- chopped cilantro
- Cut chicken into 1/4-inch strips.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, 1/4 cup broth, soy sauce, cayenne and sherry. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion and mushrooms and sauté until onion is brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook over medium hi heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Add onion and mushrooms back to pan.
- Pour in cornstarch mixture. Stir and cook until thickened and bubbly.
To serve immediately:
- Bring milk and 3/4 cup broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add couscous and stir well.
- Cover with a lid, remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes.
- fluff couscous with a fork.
- Serve chicken/mushroom mixture over the couscous.
- Cool chicken mixture. Package in a large freezer bag or a freezer container.
To serve from frozen:
- Thaw overnight in fridge or thaw in the microwave.
- Prepare couscous as above.
- Heat chicken mixture on stove top until hot and bubbly.
- Serve over couscous and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My DH and I live in Arizona. We have five children ages 24, 20, 16, and 14 year old twins. I LOVE to cook and find it a lot of fun and very relaxing. I have an extensive cookbook collection and enjoy reading them. <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/BtoBHosts.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/freezer.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><a href=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view?t=daringdingos.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/daringdingos.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><a href=http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view?t=tish2.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish2.jpg border=0 alt=Recipezaar Challenge 2008 /></a></p>