Recipe by TaterBug! :)
This is my version of baked oatmeal with lower fat, higher protein and fiber. This is a filling and very tasty, healthy snack that is also low in sugar and fats. Yum!
- 2 cups oatmeal (regular or quick)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 3 bananas, ripe (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, salt and chopped walnuts.
- Bring milk to almost a boil add mashed bananas, vanilla, and protein powder together until well mixed.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or chilled in bars.