Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked Oatmeal
Just thought this up one morning and couldn't find any others like it on the site. Still in the tinkering/perfecting process so any suggestions are welcome :) (Thanks to Maito for some wonderful suggestions already!) Also, note that the type of oats you use will change the consistency of the oatmeal... quick oats will yield a cake-like oatmeal, whereas old fashioned oats will be a little more liquidy
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 -2 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk (See note about water or milk combo)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease well an individual sized oven-proof dish/ramekin (at least 12 oz, this will bubble a bit).
- In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (oats through chocolate chips, plus nuts if you're using them).
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining wet ingredients (milk through vanilla).
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until top is crispy and oatmeal is relatively firm (quick-oats will firm up more than old-fashioned). Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- NOTE: Alternately, all milk can be used, but this may make the oatmeal a little looser in consistency, since oats absorb water a little better than milk. If you choose to use all milk, quick oats may be a better choice :).
- Also, If you want a larger serving size, use 3/4 cup oats and increase water to 1/2 cup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have made this now several times, in large microwave safe mugs. I also have tried using banana and blueberries and that works too. I love the chocolate chip one. I cut back a bit on the amount of chocolate chips and used Lilly's stevia sweetened chips. Great to have on hand to warm up for a quick breakfast or even snack.Reply