Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
DELICIOUS! I get requests for the recipe all the time. Good all year. This recipe is different from others because two bags of butterscotch chips are used to give more flavor. My family also enjoys them at Christmas. So, so EASY and QUICK!
- 2 (11 ounce) bags butterscotch chips
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts (cocktail)
- Place chow mein noodles in a plastic bag and crush into smaller pieces.
- Place butterscotch chips in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds. Remove and stir.
- Add chow mein noodles and peanuts.
- Working fast, place a heaping teaspoon of mixture onto wax paper. Let harden and cool. (I use wax paper on a cookie sheet and then place in refrigerator for cooling.) Store in air-tight container.
My family has been making these for years and they are always the most requested cookie I get at the holidays. Thanks for posting!!!
Looks good! I've always loved haystacks.