PB & Butterscotch Haystacks
Tasty treats good for any occasion, these haystacks are mounded with a mixture of peanut butter, butterscotch chips, marshmallows and chow mein noodles. To enjoy in a snap, make them the microwave way.
- Ready In:
- 1 (11 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 3 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Microwave morsels in large, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70 percent) power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter until well-blended.
- Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; toss until coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Double Boiler Method: Melt morsels over hot (not boiling) water; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; proceed as above.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Perfect! My grandfather used to make these and this recipe fit the bill for repeating what he did. I was able to "stretch" the recipe by using 1 and 1/4 cups chow mein noodles with the 3/4 c peanut butter and 11 oz bag of chips. I also skipped the marshmellows. Thank you for posting this easy treat!