Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I've eaten pineapple and cream cheese sandwiches before so I can't wait to try this combo.
Top Review by gypsie_soul
We serve these on our caterings and they are fantastic. We take the King's Hawaiian Rolls and split them and leave them as an open sandwich and we top them with a thin slice of kiwi.
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- milk (optional) or mayonnaise (optional)
- bread, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan combine pineapple and sugar. Bring to boil. Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Cool. Stir in nuts.
- Soften and mash cheese with enough milk or mayonnaise to make a good spreading consistency.
- Combine with pineapple mixture.
- Spread on thin bread, top as sandwich.
- Trim and cut into squares.