- 6 ounces butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup milk, warm
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease/flour a 9" pan.
- Sour the milk by adding vinegar to it.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream butter and sugar; add well beaten egg and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients alternatively to the batter with the soured milk.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in oven approximately 35 minutes or until the cake tests done.