Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This was an experiment that went right... with a very pleasantly surprising taste taste. Being Jewish I don't eat pork, but I wanted to try to simulate a Hawaiian dish for an evening meal. Make sure you have the time for this one!!!
- 4 lbs beef roast
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- combine and press the garlic, rosemary, salt pepper and mustard into the roast.
- Line roasting pan w/ sliced onion.
- Place seasoned roast fat side up.
- mix pineapple, orange juice, wine, tomato paste and sugar and pour over roast.
- (optional) place in fridge for an hour to marinate.
- Bake at 325f - 165c covered for 90 minute.
- Uncover and roast for additional 30 minutes at 350f - 180c.
Just added the pictures I took for this delicious recipe. Recommended, and don't be afraid to customize it! I chage a few herbs and use orange mango juice instead. <br/>The hubby is asking for it again! :)
Once again perfect! I am really loving your recipes. Who new one could turn a staple Hawaiian pork recipe kosher.
I made this for Sushiman's birthday dinner this past Shabbat, and it was perfect. I used 2 1/2 kilos of beef shoulder and cooked the whole thing up in the crockpot on high for ten hours. We had this with the sauce on Friday night and leftovers again for lunch without the sauce, and it was delicious both times! Thanks for a wonderful new recipe that will go into our regular Shabbat rotation for both ease and taste!