Recipe by Olha
Pineapple chunks, yams, bananas and small white onions are marinated in red wine, lemon juice, oil, garlic and honey and grilled. Quick and easy dish.
Top Review by ScubaBrynn
Easy to make, bit of a pucker to it. Great recipe. I had friends saying good things at dinner. The grill is what makes this recipe... I wouldn't try if you aren't going to grill it.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 canned yams
- 3 very firm bananas
- 12 small white onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple; combine pineapple juice with wine, lemon juice, oil, honey, and garlic.
- Cut the yams into 2-inch chunks and the bananas in 1-inch thick slices. Add yams, bananas, and onions to marinade. Let stand in refrigerator overnight, or for at least 2 hours at room temperature. Turn several times; drain, reserving marinade.
- Alternately thread pineapple, yam, banana, and an onion, then repeat, ending with a cube of pineapple, on 12 skewers. Grill 5 inches above heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning skewers to brown all sides, brushing with marinade as you turn. Serves 12.
- The Great International Barbecue Book.