Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is soooo easy and really good!! Enjoy :) Time to make does not include chill time.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- Combine pineapple, carrots, coconut and sugar. Mix well.
- Combine mayonnaise and reserved juice; beat with wire whisk until smooth.
- Pour over carrot mixture, mixing well.
Fantastic carrot salad -- had several requests for the recipe. I tripled the recipe for a dinner party and used a whole fresh pineapple instead of canned. Ran the pineapple through the food processor, drained the juice into a bowl and later added that to the mayo; ran the carrots through the processor; used unsweetened coconut shreds but added a good dollop of canned sweetened coconut instead of sugar. Enjoyed by all with several requests for the recipe. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to the next time ... YUM!
TOP OF THE WAZZA for me! LOVED this recipe! Simply delicious, love the crunch! GREAT for brekkie, dinner or lunch! THANKS!
Delightful; colors are lovely. Salad just sweet and crunchy enough ! Made for Photo Swap in Cooking Photos.