Pink Potato Salad
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, boiled
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Catalina dressing
- Several hours before serving, boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
- Drain and cool slightly, then peel and slice.
- Pour Catalina dressing over warm potato slices coating slices well. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator until cold.
- Add onion, pickle relish, boiled eggs and mayonnaise. Mix well and serve.
- Note: Do NOT use "salad dressing" in this recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was dreamy! A pink cloud from heaven both in presentation and tastes. This is a perfect salad for wedding showers, baby-showers, *Think Pink* get togethers and just plain fancy. I followed this exactly, I loved, loved the use of red onion here. The Catalina dressing mixed with the mayo is absolutely to pass out for. A must try for all and so delicious men-folk won't even know it's pink. :) Made for *Think Pink* October 2009
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am Sarah.</p> <p>I am married to a wonderful man. He is a great Husband and Father.</p> <p>In March of 2011 we welcomed our daughter Evie into this world. She is everything and nothing I expected, and is without a doubt the best thing I have ever done with my life.</p> <p>I love to cook, and eat, and laugh, and drink and play.</p> <p>I have a wonderful life.</p> <p><em>There are things you do because they feel right, and they may make no sense and they make no money and it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other and to eat each other's cooking and say it was good. ~Brian Andreas, Story People~</em></p> <p><em> </em></p> <p><em>Get to know our family at www.itsavol.blogspot.com</em></p> <p><img src=http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/sarahbethevans/bfe23bac.jpg alt= width=477 height=639 /></p>