Recipe by Chefcheryl
This is a great twist on beef stew. This has a unique flavor and is a great way to use some left over sirloin if you chunk it up into pieces. I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and it has become a family favorite.
Top Review by orangeboy73
This recipe should be called "i'm gonna make beef stew and add pineapples". It should not be called hawaiian in anyway, pineapples happen to be native to south america. The only reason we grow them here in hawaii is because of the similarity in climate. This is not how we make beef stew in hawaii!
- 1 lb stew meat, can pineapples (chunked into small bite size pieces 1 cup chopped onion, 1 cup chopped green pepper, 1 cup chopped c)
- 2 diced tomatoes (can substitute 1 can tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I prefer light for less sodium)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in large family size skillet. While meat is cooking mix soy sauce, sugar, garlic salt and flour together in small bowl.
- Once meat is browned, add soy sauce mixture to meat then chopped vegetables and simmer about 4 minutes. Add tomato and pineapple and simmer about 20 minutes or longer depending on the tenderness of the meat.
- To freeze: I make a triple batch and I use a ziploc freezer bag, label and store in freezer up to 2 months.
- To thaw: thaw and microwave on high for 7 minutes or heat in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes/ or you can re-heat in the crockpot.