Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from a very good cook in our church, Alma Lee Alexander.
Top Review by Super Nana
Delicious recipe. Made it twice already and it was a big hit with my family. I added some eggplant, tomatoes and onions to the zucchini base. Used regular rice (took just a little more time cooking)and I once used sour cream because I did not have any cottage left and it was delicious as well! This will become a regular meal in our family, thanks for sharing!
- 6 cups zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 3 C of sliced zucchini in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Saute ground beef and onion until beef is brown.
- Add rice and seasonings.
- Place this over the zucchini slices.
- Spoon on cottage cheese.
- Put on the rest of zucchini slices.
- Spread on soup.
- Sprinkle on cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or longer, watching to make sure cheese doesn't turn too brown.