Tasty Cheese Ball
This recipe came from Alma Lee Alexander in Idaho
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb havarti cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (approx.)
- cracker (optional)
- In a food processor, blend all the cheeses together until creamy and smooth.
- Add the pepper and garlic salt and mix until blended.
- Form the cheese into a ball and place on a plate covered with wax paper.
- Chill until firm.
- To Serve, press the pecans into the ball and place the ball on the serving try with your favorite crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Event. This was enjoyed by everyone at my New Years Eve get together. Comments on the flavor and texture were overwhelming. I do have to tell you it was a bit of a chore to grate the Havarti, and finally found that the food processor was the ticket on this one, but don't exclude this cheese as it adds a wonderful flavor and texture to this cheese ball. I did make two, one rolled in chopped pecans and the other covered in chopped black olives for those who have sensitivity to nuts, either way was great. Thank You Lavender for a lovely recipe.Reply
see 5 more