Recipe by Vicky Bryant
The olive oil really makes the meat moist and it won't dry out. It adds a nice flavor too.
Top Review by bratty
Definately make these if you love horseradish and garlic. Best burger i've had in a very long time. They were great! I doubled on the horseradish, which may be a lot for some people, but was just fine for us. Really great mixture of flavors. BF and I were fighting over who would take the leftover burger in their lunch this morning! A keeper for sure!
- 1 lb good quality lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (optional but good) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop garlic cloves on wooden surface then put in mortar and pestle.
- Add salt and olive oil and make a paste.
- Add this to the meat along with the Worcestershire and horseradish.
- Mix everything and adjust ingredients to suit your taste.
- When you make the patties place an indention in the middle of each one with your thumb (almost all the way through). This keeps the burgers from shrinking. We like ours thick and I like them to stay that way!
- Salt and Pepper according to taste when done.
- An added note on 04-03-06 - Thank you all for your positive feedback. It's nice to get confirmation on something I thought was good and different.
- Please note that I usually add more ingredients than what is called for above. I nuke a tiny hamburger (meatball size) and taste. I usually add more of everything. The horseradish does not taste like horseradish when cooked. It gives it a flavor note that otherwise wouldn't be there. Unless you are allergic to it, please try it.