Southern Living; very easy and this makes a delicious sauce.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; shape into 6 patties.
- Cook patties in hot oil in a large non-stick skillet until browned on each side; drain and remove from skillet.
- Saute onion and green pepper in skillet until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, Worcestershire, and dry mustard; bring to a boil.
- Add beef patties to skillet; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 5 more minutes or until patties are no longer pink.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation