Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this in the 30-minute Light Entree section of the new Taste of Home Cookbook. It was submitted by Kathie and John Horst of Westfield, NY, and they describe it as: "Here's a quick teriyaki stir-fry that uses ground beef instead of the traditional beef strip. It's a nice treat for the taste buds."
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml ground mustard
- 78.07 ml water
- 78.07 ml low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 453.59 g packagefrozen asparagus stir-fry mixed vegetables (or your favorite stir-fry blend)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml canola oil
- 473.18 ml hot cooked rice
- 9.85 ml sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and mustard.
- Stir in water and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend and onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add beef; heat through.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.