Recipe by Diana Adcock
If you like hamburgers with "red relish" this is the one for you. Fast and easy to make
- 24 medium red bell peppers
- 7 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and seed peppers.
- Peel the dry skin off the onions.
- Grind the peppers and onions saving the juice for this recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large enamel or stainless steel pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 30 minutes, stirring often to prevent scorching and sticking.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process for 25 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- This will make 4 pints OR 8 half pints.