Recipe by LiisaN
Hearty oven meal - good for a chilly day or game day - that the kids just love! It's almost a combination of a Tater-tot/Cornish Pastie (minus the crust). I remember going to Bible camp in the UP/Michigan and getting something similar to this. I estimated the sugar/salt measurements; sometimes I sprinkle them as I'm layering the ingredients. Hope your family enjoys it too! We like adding ketchup.
Top Review by dale!
This was O.K but pretty bland and took longer than 1 1/2 hours for my oven to cook at that temp so I had to turn it up. Was nice with LOTS of sauce and extra salt and pepper though.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 4 -5 carrots, sliced
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raw long grain rice (I use a combo of white and wild)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and drain grease.
- Place meat in large casserole dish.
- Layer the onions, carrots, potatoes and rice over meat.
- Mix soups, seasonings and water- until blended.
- Pour over layers.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Optional- add cheese and bake until melted.
- We serve with ketchup.