1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Hearty oven meal - good for a chilly day or game day - that the kids just love! It's almost a combination of a Tater-tot/Cornish Pastie (minus the crust). I remember going to Bible camp in the UP/Michigan and getting something similar to this. I estimated the sugar/salt measurements; sometimes I sprinkle them as I'm layering the ingredients. Hope your family enjoys it too! We like adding ketchup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 4 -5 carrots, sliced
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup raw long grain rice (I use a combo of white and wild)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups water
- 1Brown hamburger and drain grease.
- 2Place meat in large casserole dish.
- 3Layer the onions, carrots, potatoes and rice over meat.
- 4Mix soups, seasonings and water- until blended.
- 5Pour over layers.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Optional- add cheese and bake until melted.
- 8We serve with ketchup.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Oven Meal
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 1913.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 22.2 g