Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Hearty oven meal - good for a chilly day or game day - that the kids just love! It's almost a combination of a Tater-tot/Cornish Pastie (minus the crust). I remember going to Bible camp in the UP/Michigan and getting something similar to this. I estimated the sugar/salt measurements; sometimes I sprinkle them as I'm layering the ingredients. Hope your family enjoys it too! We like adding ketchup.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 4 -5 carrots, sliced
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raw long grain rice (I use a combo of white and wild)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups water
- Brown hamburger and drain grease.
- Place meat in large casserole dish.
- Layer the onions, carrots, potatoes and rice over meat.
- Mix soups, seasonings and water- until blended.
- Pour over layers.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Optional- add cheese and bake until melted.
- We serve with ketchup.
This was O.K but pretty bland and took longer than 1 1/2 hours for my oven to cook at that temp so I had to turn it up. Was nice with LOTS of sauce and extra salt and pepper though.
Very good. Its a Potato & Meatloaf meal in a single dish. Enjoyed it very much. Very easy to make & tasty.