1 hr 5 mins
My sister-in-law made this Christmas Eve morning. Very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 -10 slices sourdough bread
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced smoked ham
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1Spray a 9"x11" dish with cooking spray.
- 2In a large skillet, heat olive oil; add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, sour cream, and remaining salt & pepper. Mix in the cream cheese.
- 5In the dish, layer half of the bread slices, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, half of the ham, half of the spinach, and half of the mushroom mixture. Slowly pour half of the egg mixture over this.
- 6Repeat layers with bread, 3/4 cup cheese, ham, spinach, mushroom mixture, and egg mixture.
- 7Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- 8Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- 9Let come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 10Uncover and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
- 11Note: If using a 9"x13" dish, you may need to add more mushrooms and spinach, and maybe bake a little longer.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham, Mushroom, & Spinach Strata
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.3
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 335.9 mg
- Sodium 2009.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 39.5 g