Recipe by MTpockets
I received a request for this recipe so I decided to post it. I've made this for years and have made a few adjustments in the ingredients to suit my family's tastes. It's still just a Ham and Broccoli casserole, but It's also a quick and easy dinner. I sometimes add waterchestnuts to give it a little crunch or sliced mushrooms. Feel free to add whatever you like and enjoy.
- 2 cups cooked ham, Diced (I often use pre-packaged ham as a timesaver)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 2 (10 ounce) cans broccoli cheese soup or 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of broccoli soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked white rice or 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup onion, chopped Fine (or to taste)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In a Large Bowl, Combine all of the casserole ingredients and mix until blended.
- Spoon into a large, buttered casserole dish.
- In a medium, microwave safe dish, add butter and microwave butter about 20 seconds at a time, take out and stir well before placing back in microwave, until butter is melted.
- Add bread crumbs and parmesan to butter and blend with a fork until it becomes crumbly, top casserole with crumb mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes or until casserole is hot and bubbly and topping has lighlty browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes, serve.