1/1 Photo of Ham and Tomato Pie
From Southern Living April 2007. I'm saving this recipe until I have fresh tomatoes from the garden. Serve with a salad for a complete meal that comes together quickly. Notes from SL, do not use deli ham due to the moisture content. You can also use leftover ham in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Saute the ham and onion over medium heat until the ham is brown and all the liquid evaporates.
- 3Brush the bottom of the pie shell with mustard.
- 4Sprinkle 1/2 c mozzarella over the mustard.
- 5Put the ham and onions evenly on top of the cheese.
- 6Place a single layer of tomatoes on top of the ham.
- 7Combine the egg and half-and-half; beat with a fork until blended.
- 8Pour over the tomatoes.
- 9Evenly sprinkle the basil, pepper and remaining cheese on top.
- 10Bake for 20-23 minutes or until lightly brown and set.
- 11Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
- 12Garnish slices with basil sprigs and sliced tomatoes if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Tomato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.9
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 135.7 mg
- Sodium 515.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 27.0 g