Dr. C's Tomato Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 7 large tomatoes
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- flour (for dredging)
- Prebake pie shell until partially baked.
- Peel and slice tomatoes about 1/2 inch thick (I didn't peel).
- Dredge tomato slices in flour and layer in pie shell.
- Layer green onion and basil, salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers until pie is over filled the tomatoes will cook down as the pie bakes.
- Mix together the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses with mayo and mustard and spread evenly over top of the pie to cover all the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until pie is brown about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Serve at room temperature or heated.
Join The Conversation
This is the real deal! I have tried it with flour dredging and without - I prefer without for a firmer texture, just lightly sprinkle parmesan between instead. Also, I use garden fresh yellow, red and green tomato slices together in same pie. Eye appealing and great flavor mixture. This is a "crowd stopping" pot luck dish!