Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy biscuits that are good for snack time or anytime.
Make and share this Ham and Sharp Cheddar Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml minced onion
- 14.79 ml butter
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml butter, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml diced cooked ham
- 118.29 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine onion and butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes; cool.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add butter and mix with your fingers until mealy in texture. Add the onions, buttermilk, ham and cheese, stirring in with a spatula until just incorporated, but it still should be a bit loose.
- Scoop out the batter with a large spoon to form 12 biscuits and lightly shape them with floured hands.
- Arrange close together on the baking sheet for soft biscuits, or spread them apart for crisper biscuits.
- Brush with hot melted butter.
- Bake 5 minutes then reduce temperature to 450F and bake a further 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool in pan for several minutes then invert onto kitchen towel.
- Turn right side up and serve hot.
Excellent !! Reminds me of a ham and cheese biscuit my husband & I use to buy from a little coffee shop in B.C. and I've been forever looking for a recipe as good as and YES! I think this is it !! <br/> But very important I think to use parchment paper - I made these using a mini loaf pan - perfect size for heading out the door with in the morning! Only issue is where, and I think it's because the oven is so hot for cooking, is that my mini loaf pan's teflon melted a bit and I ended up scrapping the little pieces off the biscuit so parchment is a definite must !<br/> Will totally add this to my list of items to keep on hand for company and for busy mornings ! Thank you for this recipe!
really good biscuits cakepops on parade
Made these on a weeknight which is not generally baking time for me, easily prepared and beautiful results, plus they taste fabulous!!!! I made them using a muffin tray, I did spray the tray beforehand and they turned out cleanly, I was very pleased with the results! To add a touch of the out of the ordinary, yes, we enjoyed a slice of onion with these savoury biscuits. :) Very yum, thank you Annacia, this recipe was made for International Agents of QUEST, Would You Like a Slice of Onion with That? Challenge. And yes, I would most certainly like a slice of onion with that :)