Rosemary Cheddar Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces butter, cubed
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons double-acting baking powder
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (chopped)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix by hand until incorporated.
- Transfer to a mixer in small batches and process in short bursts until better is 'cut in." This insures the fat is well dispersed throughout the dough. If you prefer you can also do this step by hand.
- Do not over-mix to avoid chewy biscuits.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Using a small 3/4" ice cream scoop (larger if you prefer larger biscuits), portion out onto a non-stick baking pan (cover pan with parchment and spray with Pam) and bake at 375º for 8 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation