1/7 Photos of Ham and Sharp Cheddar Biscuits
Yummy biscuits that are good for snack time or anytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine onion and butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes; cool.
- 3In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add butter and mix with your fingers until mealy in texture. Add the onions, buttermilk, ham and cheese, stirring in with a spatula until just incorporated, but it still should be a bit loose.
- 4Scoop out the batter with a large spoon to form 12 biscuits and lightly shape them with floured hands.
- 5Arrange close together on the baking sheet for soft biscuits, or spread them apart for crisper biscuits.
- 6Brush with hot melted butter.
- 7Bake 5 minutes then reduce temperature to 450F and bake a further 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 8Cool in pan for several minutes then invert onto kitchen towel.
- 9Turn right side up and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Sharp Cheddar Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 461.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g