Recipe by *Parsley*
Great for using up leftover rice (from Chinese takeout) and/or ham. A no-canned-soup casserole.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 5 cups broccoli florets, bite sized, measured prior to cooking
- 1 lb cooked ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, lightly drained
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Sprinkle on top
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish; set aside.
- Cook/steam broccoli just until crisp tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked rice, cooked broccoli, ham onions, 3 tbsp melted butter, sour cream, milk, pineapple, dijon, 2 cups shredded cheddar, salt and pepper. Mix this very well.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheddar and 3 ybsp melted butter.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.