Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy, cheesey and very tasty.
Make and share this Ham and Potatoes Au Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sliced, peeled, and cooked potatoes
- 1 cup fully cooked, diced ham
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- Combine potatoes, ham and onion in a greased 1 qt casserole dish and set aside.
- Melt butter in a med saucepan over med heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Pour over potatoe mixture and stir gently to mix.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Simple, quick and very tasty.
This was quick and easy to make! It's going to be a new comfort food for me. I omitted the salt because I thought that the ham and cheese would provide enough flavor (sodium) for me. Instead of putting the onions in the casserole with the ham and potatoes, I put them in the melted butter for a bit to soften them up a little while and then added the flour and continued as directed. Thank you for the recipe!
All 3 of us loved it. My hubby, the picky eater, said he will even eat the leftovers,