Cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin
photo by vadapao
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a medium gratin dish with butter.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with an overlapping layer of potatoes.
- Lightly season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and top with a sprinkling of cheese (about 2 tablespoons).
- Continue layering potatoes, seasoning, and cheese, ending with the remaining cheese on top.
- Pour the cream over the potatoes, pressing lightly with your hands to cover the potatoes with cream.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the cheese is absorbed into the potatoes and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until the mixture is bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into portions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good...would give 5 stars if there had been more seasoning listed but over all a delicious and easy recipe. I only made a few changes: shredded the potatoes, per dd's request, used shredded American cheese as that was what I had on hand, and used Miss Tink's House Seasoning after reading the reviews. Sliced smoked turkey sausage on top for the last bit of cooking, made a great main dish served with steamed green beans.