Habanero Potatoes Au Gratin
photo by ColoradoCooking
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 habanero pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- In a skillet, heat oil and cook onions, garlic and habanero chile until tender.
- Add can of tomatoes, chicken bullion and water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- In a lightly greased oven proof crystal baking dish, layer potatoes.
- Pour tomato mixture over potatoes.
- Pour cream over potatoes and sprinkle cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175C until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these last night (was looking for a way to use some of my garden habaneros). I should have seasoned my potatoes more with salt & pepper. I couldn’t bring myself to use mozzarella, so I used Monterey Jack and medium cheddar. I think this would turn out better all mixed up with cheese and top with more cheese and bake. Hubby loved it, so I’ll make it again. It went well with cheese enchiladas. Potatoes are in back on plate.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Born and raised in Mexico to an Irish father and a Mexican mother. Proud as can be of my heritage.