1/1 Photo of Ham and Potato Gratin
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This makes a wonderful one-dish meal served with a salad. You could also omit the ham and have a great side dish. I've also taken this to potlucks and it gets rave reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (use fresh only)
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ounces ham, diced
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons country-style dijon mustard
- 1Mix the thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Grate the cheddar cheese and mix lightly with the flour.
- 2In another bowl, mix the cream, broth and mustard.
- 3Cover the bottom of a buttered baking dish with a layer of potatoes.
- 4Sprinkle 1/3 of the spices, ham and cheese.
- 5Put down another layer of potatoes, then another third of the spices, ham and cheese. Then one final layer of potatoes, spices, cheese and ham.
- 6Pour in the liquid and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, brown the bread crumbs lightly in a skillet with the butter.
- 8Sprinkle them over the potatoes and bake another 45 minutes.
- 9Let the dish stand for 5 or 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Potato Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (773 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.9
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 1269.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.1 g