Cooking Light March 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g uncooked medium elbow macaroni
- 354.88 ml chopped lean ham
- 354.88 ml frozen peas
- cooking spray
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 709.77 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 236.59 ml shredded reduced-fat extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 0 white bread
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Cook pasta in boiling water 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Combine pasta, ham, and peas in a large bowl.
- 3Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add milk; bring to simmer.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in cheeses, salt, and peppers. Pour cheese mixture over pasta mixture; stir to coat. Spoon pasta mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 5Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/4 cups. Combine breadcrumbs and butter in a bowl.
- 6Arrange breadcrumb mixture evenly over pasta mixture. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheese Macaroni Bake With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 742.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 25.1 g