Recipe by tinebean21
I found this recipe in my local newspaper. Sounds like a good way to use up some left over (or not) ham. I haven't tried it, but plan on doing so soon. I do think I might make a few adjustments to the recipe to suit my family's taste, but here is the recipe as printed. It was submitted by Florence Hiett. (serving size is a guess)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- cheddar cheese
- 1 (25 ounce) canpillsbury grands southern-style refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in pan and saute celery, onion and carrots until tender.
- Add cream of chicken soup and bouillon granules to the vegetables and mix together.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and add to pan.
- Stir in peas and ham, and bring to a low boil once again.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Pour mixture into greased pan, but reserve a bit of the liquid.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Top with canned biscuits.
- Spoon a little of the reserved liquid over each bisquit.
- Bake for 30 to 35 mins, until biscuits are nicely browned.