Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
So spooky and delicious. A fun way to display veggies and dip during Halloween.
- 1 large fresh cauliflower
- 2 radishes, bulbs with root left on
- 2 pimento stuffed olives
- 1 banana pepper, slice
- 1 slice purple onion
- 1 cup your favorite vegetable dip
- Wash cauliflower.
- Cut florets from the top of the cauliflower until you have a cauliflower 'bowl'.
- Remove greens from bottom. Cut stems from radishes, leave the root which will look like an optic nerve, and remove skin but leave a little to resemble blood shot eyes/veins.
- Hollow out the cut end of the radish with the tip of a knife so to stuff with olive. Use a toothpick to hold everything together.
- Line your "bowl" with aluminum foil or a clear cling wrap so dip doesn't escape.
- Fill cauliflower with dip, garnish with radish 'eyes', pepper nose and onion mouth, and serve with veggies and crackers.
This was the absolute HIT of my daughter's Spooky Sleepover Bday Party! We ran out of time to make the radish eyeballs, so we ended up using gummy eyeballs, which worked very well. I used Emily's Easy Veggie Dip because it was fast and easy. We left the brain out all night and in the morning, parents were complimenting us on how fabulous it looked! We will definitely do this again - Thanks!
It totally rocked snack time for a group of 9 yo girls at a Girl Scout meeting. They couldn't wait to eat it! We skipped the olives and optic nerves and substituted gummy eyeballs and gummy vampire teeth.
This was a huge hit at a Halloween party I was invited to. My variations: I sank a small Pyrex bowl into the hole in the top instead of foil. I used baba ganoush dip and let it pour over the edges of the bowl onto the cauliflower to hide the bowl. I spooned red and green salsa over the cauliflower to add more grossiosity and put more fake radish eyeballs with their roots (optic nerves) still attached underneath with all the other veggies.