Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wonderful!! You can bake the potatoes in the microwave if you prefer.
Make and share this Gumbo Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Scrub potatoes; prick several times wtih a fork.
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- Cook onion, and celery in oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over split baked potatoes.
These are great! I skip the salt and pepper and go straight to the Cajun seasoning blend, and depending on your need for spice, I recommend you do so.
Makes a great lunch or semi-light supper depending on the size of the potato. Good with small green salad, but better with some fresh fruit on the side. Last time, I used green grapes and oranges halved and sliced. Very tasty!
What a nice, simple but very tasty dinner this made! A very flavorful topping for potatoes, this one's a definite keeper - I microwaved the potatoes, and used a 12 oz. can of chicken breast, which made this recipe extra easy. DH buttered his potato and added the topping - no butter for me, but I added a bit of cheese on mine - sublime!
This made a wonderful and easy supper for us tonight. I had some left-over chicken and this was a great way to use it. I am always amazed at the flavor a can of soup can add. Thanks for a nice hearty meal.