Recipe by Veghead
Found on California tourism website. Evidently this recipe won first prize in a Guinness St. Patrick's Day cookoff.
Top Review by rosslare
Great Chops! Loved the sage and garlic flavors with the Guinness. 1/4 cup of salt looked like a lot of salt for 4 chops, so I halved it. Still rather too salty and I would reduce it further, hence only 4 stars.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Guinness stout
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 6 -8 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sage leaves
- 4 thick cut pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- For brine, combine water, Guinness, brown sugar, molasses and salt. Soak the pork chops in mixture for at least 4 hours Overnight is fine.
- Combine garlic, pepper, salt and sage to create rub.
- Remove pork chops from brine and pat dry. Rub with the rub mixture on both sides. Grill chops until they are done to your satisfaction. Serve and enjoy.