Beer-Brined Grilled Pork Chops
Moist pork chops soaked in a beer brine then grilled. The cooking time does not include 4hr-overnight marinating time. (Recipe courtesy of foodfit.com)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lager beer
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup ice cube
- 4 (6 ounce) thick center-cut pork loin chops
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- Combine the water, beer, salt, brown sugar and molasses in a large bowl. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Stir in the ice.
- Place the pork chops in large resealable plastic bag. Pour beer brine over the pork chops and seal the bag. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, black pepper and sage.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine and rub them with the garlic mixture.
- Grill the pork chops for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until they are cooked through.
- Transfer the chops to a platter and let them rest for a minute or two before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
WOWWW! this was sooo yummy! TOTAL man pleaser too! used my stand by budweiser for the beer and didnt change a thing! except i DONT KNOW WHY but only used 2 pork chops instead of 4!!! please use all four!! mixed up the seasoning and the boyfriend forgot about it and used old bay. i personally didn't mind it but wanna make em again SOON so we can use your seasoning! it smells soo good just by itself! THANKS FOR A WONDERFUL chop brine!! the way to do it!!