1/1 Photo of Grown-Up Rice Krispy Treats
The flavor and texture of the classic Rice Krispy Treat, with added fiber and protein! Versatile recipe will allow the addition of whatever nuts, seeds, or candy you want to add- it's like trail mix in a bar! *I have found that if the bars set up too tough or chewy, you may have cooked the marshmallow mixture too long or just pressed them into the pan too firmly. Be gentle! (Similar recipe: Honey Chip Granola Bars. Different ingredient ratios.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (10 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 4 1/2 graham crackers, crushed (1/2 of a plastic package)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (without shell)
- chocolate chips
- flax seed
- 1Spray a 15x10x1 baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter, peanut butter, and honey. Add marshmallows and stir frequently until melted and smooth.
- 3In a large bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients EXCEPT optional chocolate. If adding any kind of chocolate, you must let the mixture cool almost completely before stirring in chocolate.
- 4Pour marshmallow mixture over dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- 5Press mixture into baking pan completely so that all ingredients stick together, but don't make it too compact.
- 6Cool completely, cut into bars, and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grown-Up Rice Krispy Treats
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g