Recipe by Lainey39
This is a delicious and satisfying soup I make often. It is from "A Taste of Myrtle Beach" cookbook, which features recipes from the area's best restaurants. This soup is from Caroline's Cafe. This also works very well in the crockpot. Just brown the ground beef and add everything else to the crockpot and let it cook on low for about 6 hours.
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 2 (12 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (12 ounce) cans mixed vegetables
- 10 ounces beef broth
- 6 ounces ketchup
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger, onions and pepper. Drain off grease.
- Add stewed tomatoes, mixed vegetables, beef broth and ketchup. Note: I often used frozen vegetables because that's mostly what I have on hand and like better.
- Simmer for three hours.
- If you like a sweeter tasting broth, add some sugar to taste.