Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger
Make and share this Grilled Vegetable Salad With Feta and Mint recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bell pepper, red, cored and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 eggplant, cut across into 1/4-inch rounds (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices (about 8 ounces each)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a tray or work surface. Lightly spray both sides with olive oil cooking spray. Preheat a grill or grill pan over a medium-high heat. Grill the vegetables in batches until both sides are nicely charred and the vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes for the pepper, about 8 minutes for the eggplant and onion, and about 6 minutes for the zucchini. When the vegetables are cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and oregano. Pour over the vegetables and toss. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the tomatoes and mint. Divide the salad between 4 plates and sprinkle with the feta.
Great vege dish!! We used zucchini, red bell pepper, and onion. We didn't add the mint out of personal preference. Made for PAC Fall 2011.