Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Everything's better on the grill.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 medium summer squash, cut lengthwise in half
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth or 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- Place zucchini and squash in square baking dish 8 × 8 × 2 inches. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. Cover and let stand at least 1 hour but no longer than 2 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill. Remove vegetables from marinade; reserve marinade. Cover and grill vegetables 4 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade, until golden brown and tender.
- Cut each crosswise into 4 pieces. Toss with any remaining marinade.
i marinated this about an hour and a half. It was nice way to grill squash, but the flavor didn't really work for us. It may just be a personal taste thing.
I took NcMysteryShopper's advice and marinated the veggies for about 3 hours. Had a really good flavor. Since I was grilling for the main course I loved that I could make this on the grill too. One less pot to wash! Thanks for a lovely way to do summer squash. Made for the Babes of ZWT4.
We had this with some Yakitori chicken tonight. I took note of NcMysteryShopper's review and the need to marinate it longer and to add more jalapeno. I added extra japapeno (amd basil) but what I also did was to add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the marinade. I think that may have helped a lot because I didn't even get to marinate it an hour and I had a good amount of flavor and heat going. Very nice. Thanks for posting. Made for my Babes during the ZWT4.