Recipe by Manami
From The American Diabetes Association's Flavorful Seasons Cookbook ADA Bookstore: 1-800-232-6733 However, each diabetic should meet with their own nutritionist to see what and how much they can eat.
- 2 lbs pineapple chunks, packed in their own juice, drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (seeded for less heat or half seeded for more heat)
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice (from the pineapple chunks)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 1⁄4 cups cooked rotini pasta or 4 1⁄4 cups spirali pasta or 4 1⁄4 cups fusilli or 4 1⁄4 cups rotelle pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all salsa ingredients plus the low-sodium tamari, except the shrimp and pasta.
- Prepare an outside grill with an oiled rack set 4 inches above the heat source.
- On a gas grill, set the heat to high.
- Grill the shrimp on each side for 2 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the salsa, arrange the shrimp on top, and serve.