Recipe by Dib's
This is one pasta dish packed with flavor-dont go near it if you dont care for the tang of citrus and the bite of garlic! Serve with a white wine like Chardonay, salad and hot bread sticks.
- 20 medium shrimp, shelled and deviened
- 5 wooden skewers, soaked
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup orange section, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon, segments diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 8 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Skewer shrimp and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking grill shrimp-3 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl combine the orange juice, the diced orange and lemon segments, and the diced red onion with the olive oil, garlic and basil.
- Drain pasta well and in a large bowl toss with the oil/juice mixture.
- Place equal amounts on each of 4 plates.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and place 5 on each pile of citrus pasta.
- Sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese and serve.