Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one pasta dish packed with flavor-dont go near it if you dont care for the tang of citrus and the bite of garlic! Serve with a white wine like Chardonay, salad and hot bread sticks.
- 20 medium shrimp, shelled and deviened
- 5 wooden skewers, soaked
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup orange section, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon, segments diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 8 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Skewer shrimp and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking grill shrimp-3 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl combine the orange juice, the diced orange and lemon segments, and the diced red onion with the olive oil, garlic and basil.
- Drain pasta well and in a large bowl toss with the oil/juice mixture.
- Place equal amounts on each of 4 plates.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and place 5 on each pile of citrus pasta.
- Sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese and serve.
Excellent! Everone liked it. We used mandarin oranges in the can but it would have been much better with fresh oranges.
This was fabulous; I didn't change a thing and everyone loved it! Will be making this again!