1/1 Photo of Grilled Shrimp and Noodle Salad
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Just found this in my new Food Network Magazine and it looks so good. We love shrimp, rice noodles and salads and putting them all together has got to be a winning combo. Just a reminder to be careful, Sriracha (which can be found in Asian markets) can be hot so unless you like that, it might be wise to start with less, maybe even 1/2 tsp and taste test before adding more. After making this as a light dinner on a hot garden working day I think I'd add some grated ginger to it for a little bite next time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces rice noodles, flat
- 1/2 cup lime juice, fresh is best
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 garlic cloves, finaly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce, up to 2 if you prefer hot
- 1 lb shrimp, medium to large, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed (medium size)
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1Bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook as label directs; drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic and Sriracha souce and 1/3 cup of water in medium bowl.
- 3Transfer 1/4 cup of marinade to another bowl and toss with shrimp.
- 4Toss another 1/4 cup marinade with the asparagus and mushrooms in a third bowl.
- 5Let shrimp and vegetables marinate 10 minutes at room temperature.
- 6Toss noodles with the remaining marinade.
- 7Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- 8Grill shrimp, asparagus and mushrooms until shrimp is just cooked through and the asparagus is slightly tender, 2-3 minutes per side.
- 9Half the mushrooms and cut asparagus into pieces.
- 10Divide the noodles among bowls and top with shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms carrot and cilantro.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp and Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 2744.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: