Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so good. I love grilled scallops and the vegetables and cilantro sauce bring this to another level.
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 8 mushrooms
- Spray cold grid with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Heat chili oil and sesame oil in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add green onion; cook about 15 seconds or just until fragrant.
- Add ginger; cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Place mixture in blender with cilantro; blend until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Thread scallops and vegetables onto skewers.
- Grill about 8 minutes per side or until scallops turn opaque.
- Serve hot with cilantro sauce.
We loved this. I used shrimp instead of scallops. I also added a clove of garlic and a tablespoon of lime juice to the cilantro sauce to give it a little more kick. The sauce tasted very much like the cilantro sauce that comes on my favorite dumplings at Chin Chin restaurant in Los Angeles, which I have been trying to replicate for years. So maybe I'll try the sauce on some pot stickers. Thank you!